Saturday, January 7, 2012

Save a Life (1/7/12)

I received a call form the Portland Red Cross Center a few weeks back letting me know that my next donation would make a gallon of blood. I had donated many places before but none had kept track of my donations, or at least they did not tell me how much I had donated. Apparently 8 donations make a gallon. This picture is of my blood after my eight donation. I got a pin and everything to celebrate my gallon donation. When the Red Cross called they also told me how many lives I had saved with my donations but I can't recall the total at the moment. I often wondered if they had used my blood and had these donations made a difference? It is a great feeling to know that they have. I am bless to be able to share my blood with others. If you are healthy and can donate blood, you should! One hour of your time can mean the world to someone else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment