I always wanted a sister. I grew up with two brothers whom I love but I wanted a sisterly bond. However, I was the end of the line for my parents. I never got my little sister.
While I did not gain a sister from my parents, God did not forget about me. He blessed me with Phenomenal
sorority sisters. Maria Victoria Ramos and I embarked in the most amazing journey on April 2, 1994, we founded Delta Tau Lambda Sorority, Inc. We have stayed the course and what started with two is now comprised of a network of intelligent, talented, beautiful, resourceful, passionate, gracious, giving, dedicated, and Phenomenal women across the US and the world.
My mom tells me that I had sisters in the best way because she did not have to pay for any of them. :) Biology or not, sisterhood is so important. Every woman needs to have bonds with other women that do not need to be explained, it just is!
No comments:
Post a Comment