Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Coming Soon (1/3/12)

I was downtown Portland today on my way to a meeting with my boss today. I was looking for my picture of the day when I happened on a burger joint that is opening soon. I noticed their sign and it made me think about what are the things that are "coming soon" to my life. We are in a new year with a world of possibilities. I have hopes and dreams, much like everyone around the world. But, at the end of the day, only God knows what is next, what this year holds.

I channeled Joel Osteen today looking at this sign. When I do not make it to church I watch his televised service. Many of the sermons I have seen, Joel speaks of God's blessings. Joel states often that he is open to all his blessings (God's favor) and thanks God for them before they happen. That is how I am trying to live in 2012, open to my blessings and thankful for whatever the Lord brings. I am looking forward to what is "coming soon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment