Sunday, January 1, 2012

Puerto Rico (1/1/12)

It is the first day of 2012. I started this fine Sunday going to church with my daughter and counting my blessings for my husband, my baby girl, my job, my home, my health, and much more.

Today is my first day of my 2012 photo journey. I wanted my first entry to be of something that represents me. This is a picture of the flag of Puerto Rico, where I am from. I bought this flag the last time as I was in the island. In Old San Juan they have artesanos (artisans) who sell their works of art. I bought this flag that is engraved on a piece of metal. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. WEPA!!

They day I made this purchase was a beautifully sunny day. The picture perfect Puerto Rican day. I bought some delicious coconut ice cream and walked around looking at the beautiful artesania of my talented people. I settled on this piece because it was very different from others that I had and I as mentioned I loved it at first sight.

1 comment: