PCC is the first time I have worked in a community college. It has been an interesting experience. I am used to working in traditional four year universities. In traditional school you find a lot of homogeneity. A community college is heterogeneous. You find everything from adults coming back for their GEDs, vocational students, students with Masters who are coming back because they are seeking a career change, displaced workers, etc. It is great to be in an environment where you get to help so many different people in so many different journeys.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Transitions (1/6/12)
PCC is the first time I have worked in a community college. It has been an interesting experience. I am used to working in traditional four year universities. In traditional school you find a lot of homogeneity. A community college is heterogeneous. You find everything from adults coming back for their GEDs, vocational students, students with Masters who are coming back because they are seeking a career change, displaced workers, etc. It is great to be in an environment where you get to help so many different people in so many different journeys.
Labels:
OR,
Portland,
Portland Community College
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment