Sunday, February 12, 2012

Religion (2/12/12)

I watched a youtube video of "Why I hate religion, but love Jesus" by a spoken word artist. He made some good points. I have been in some churches were I did not feel the spirit. However, I can't say that I hate religion.

I do not think it is ok to use God as an excuse for war. I do not think it is ok for Republicans to use God as an excuse to keep people at bay and as second class citizens! What I know is that God is Good! We joined the United Church of Christ when we moved to Portland and it has been the most amazing experience. To be in an open and affirming congregation, that believes in equality and social justice has been the best decision in my walk with God. It has renewed my faith and been my rock through some trying times.

I love God, I love my religion, and I love that I can practice freely!

No comments:

Post a Comment